I am looking for authors, traditionally or self published, to write guest posts on writing or publishing tips to post on my blog. Contact me: readingurbanfantasy(at)yahoo(dot)com

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cover Reveal: The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

(Mara Dyer #2)



Summary
Two days after Mara walks into a police station in Miami at the close of The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, she is committed for psychiatric treatment for what her parents believe is a mental breakdown. But what seems like a hallucination to everyone else is a chilling reality for Mara. Someone from her past has discovered her strange, disturbing secret and that someone wants her to pay. But she's about to discover that the price is more than she can bear.

Dark and thrilling, suspenseful and passionate, The Evolution of Mara Dyer will have readers breathlessly turning pages to find out what will become of Mara Dyer next. ~Goodreads


Hardcover, 272 pages
Expected publication: October 23rd 2012 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Purchase: Amazon / Barnes & Noble / Book Depository

Okay, I have to admit, I have not read the first book, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, of this series. I swear I will eventually. I did, however, see the cover and loved it. Now we have book #2, The Evolution of Mara Dyer, and I simply love it. I am digging the whole underwater theme. The murkiness makes it somewhat eerie. The colors are muted, but I like that because it makes me think this book is going to be a dark type of read.
So, what do you think of this cover? Is it full of awesomeness or could it have been better? Is it too similar to book #1's cover or do you like the similar theme?


7 comments:

  1. I effing LOVE it. I mean, taken literally, it doesn't really correlate to the story (except for one scene, but..)

    But, OH! The hidden layers of mean and symbolism, like Mara's drowning in her mind, and the blurring between wakefulness and sleep, and you know what? I don't even care. It's just GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, now you are making me want to read these books bad. It really is gergeous. Thanks for being the first to find the cover. :P

      Delete
    2. Hehe! I was only the 'first' because I found it one someone elses twitter feed. Promise ;D

      I think you'll appreciate the twistiness of them :)

      Delete
  2. I love this cover too! I haven't read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer yet, it's in my basket on amazon but i'm not supposed to be buying books at the moment! Really want to read both 1 & 2 now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!. I have so many books in my amazon cart but very little money, lol.

      Delete
  3. These covers are so neat. And I've heard good things about the first book, but it hasn't called to me yet. :) Thank you for sharing this wonderful cover though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard great things too, I will try them out soon.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments and read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one. Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.