I am looking for authors, traditionally or self published, to write guest posts on writing or publishing tips to post on my blog. Contact me: readingurbanfantasy(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Follow Friday #24 / TGIF #18

Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

This Week's Question: Fight! Fight! If you could have two fictional characters battle it out (preferably from books), who would they be and who do you think would win?
Answer: OMG, I knew right away which two fictional characters I would want to fight it out. Curran from the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews and Jericho Barrons from the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. They are pretty much my favorite male leads ever and they are both rough around the edges. And that would be a HOT fight. Now, who would win? That's a hard one. Though I secretly want Curran to win, I think nothing can beat Barrons. I can almost imagine Barron's evil-eyeing someone to death. That's how good he is.


TGIF at GReads is a Friday Feature hosted by Ginger at GReadsBooks.com! The point of TGIF is to re-cap on this week’s posts and answer the question of the week!

Blog Posts This Week:
Guest Post: Ten Things That Helped Me Become a Better Writer by Jolene Perry (Blog Tour)

This Week's Question: Book Blogger Influences - Has there been a particular book blogger who's influenced what you read? Share with us a review/book blog that convinced you to pick up a certain book.
Answer: Oh yeah. Sarah from Saz101 is pretty much my go-to girl for everything Young Adult. I say about one-third of the YA books I read are because she recommended them to me or because she wrote such amazing reviews on them that I had to buy them. One book in particular was Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. And I of course gave that book a five star review because it was full of awesomesauce. I Heart you, Silly Sarah!!! Thanks for all the great advice.


Please leave a link to your meme this week. I will follow back if you follow me. Just let me know.

25 comments:

  1. Sarah is great!!!!!!! I completely adore her engaging reviews too!
    My FF!
    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol what's better than to hotties fighting each other! Oh man, that sounds so cold. D:

    New follower btw! :D

    Marshiee @ Books With Marshmallows

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I haven't read either of these books so I don't know these characters :(

    Trish - My FF 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...what a match-up! I love both of these characters! How could you choose between those two? LOL! You're probably right about Barrons, but I think Curran could hold his own for awhile :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's hard to choose. Curran would for sure be ferocious!

      Delete
  5. Hopping through. Love Barrons. I still need to read Ilona Andrews. I want to.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. CURRAN VS. BARRONS! HELL TO THE YES!
    Though, seriously. Nothing can beat Barrons... err, even if Curran DID beat Barrons, well, he wouldn't beat Barrons, if you know what I mean? (trying not to include spoilers :P)
    SJJHSAFHSADHK! Seriously, I'm kind of freaking out imagining it. AWESOMES *giggles with glee*

    Oh, I take it back. K'vruck could beat Barrons :D
    We're K'vrucked. Hehehehehe!

    Sarah? Who's this Sarah? Oooooh *hides* :P
    Hehehe, I ♥ you! You're my go-to growned up book person! I kid you not.

    You have me SO excited to read the rest of the Kate Dnaiels books!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes I know what you mean.

      Yeah, I spent a good half an hour thinking about this match-up. No shirts, dirt streaked, messy hair. Oh yeah, my mind is so naughty.

      I'm so happy I'm your go-to girl for growned up books. Makes me feel special. :D

      Delete
  7. Hey girlie

    I love Mac & Kate!!!
    Thanks for visiting!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Happy Friday!! XO <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never read any of these, but I have Darkfever on my Kindle so I look forward to reading about these awesome characters! Especially if the fight would be a hot one.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't read those books yet, so I don't know the characters. :( It sounds like it's going to be a good fight, though!

    Have a great weekend!
    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unfortunately, i haven't read the books yet, but the fight sounds HOT!! Beyond hot!


    Here's my Feature & Follow too, if you'd like to check it out ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoh I like Barrons! Didn't get into Ilona's series though.

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i haven't read it yet but it sounds awesome

    old follower
    Check mine here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two book I'll have to read.

    New follower. Here's my #FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those sounds like some seriously bad characters :) I would be curious to see who wins! I haven't read these books, but they sound really interesting! New follower via GFC!!! (HAPPY FRIDAY!)

    Here is my #FF if you would like to check it out "Click Here"

    Kayla @ Reading On The Wild Side

    ReplyDelete
  15. Must be two good books.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWESOME pick!! I was totally focusing on the girls when I was writing up my post last night but this would be one seriously awesome battle. Barrons IS pretty badass but I don't know... I think Curran could definitely give him a run for his money. :D I ended up with Kate in my hypothetical battle! Congrats on being the feature this Friday!

    Here's my Follow Friday! New follower.

    Bonnie @ Sweet Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have Barrons in my FF answer as well! I haven't read the Kate Daniels series, but it is on my wishlist. Loved Shatter Me!

    Old follower.

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday-24-and-tgif-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just could not choose who to be on in a fight between those two! Old follower. My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMFG. I picked Barrons and Curran, too! :O Awesome!

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have not heard of either of these books. I'm definitely going to have to check them out. I'm a new blog follower!

    Here's my FF . Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by! Old follower
    Great answer!

    :) Aeicha Word Spelunking

    ReplyDelete
  22. I haven't read these books - yet, because I'm planning to - but boys with rough edges sounds great :D

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/hosted-by-parajunkees-view-alison-can.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one. Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.