I am looking for authors, traditionally or self published, to write guest posts on writing or publishing tips to post on my blog. Contact me: readingurbanfantasy(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cover Reveal: Fury's Kiss by Karen Chance


Dorina Basarab #3
A Midnight's Daughter Novel



Summary
Dorina Basarab is a dhampir—half-human, half-vampire. Subject to uncontrollable rages, most dhampirs live very short, very violent lives. But so far, Dory has managed to maintain her sanity by unleashing her anger on those demons and vampires who deserve killing...

Dory is used to fighting hard and nasty. So when she wakes up in a strange scientific lab with a strange man standing over her, her first instinct is to take his head off. Luckily, the man is actually the master vampire Louis-Cesare, so he’s not an easy kill.

It turns out that Dory had been working with a Vampire Senate task force on the smuggling of magical items and weaponry out of Faerie when she was captured and brought to the lab. But when Louis-Cesare rescues her, she has no memory of what happened to her.

To find out what was done to her—and who is behind it—Dory will have to face off with fallen angels, the maddest of mad scientists, and a new breed of vampires that are far worse than undead… ~ Goodreads


Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Expected publication: October 2nd 2012 by Penguin

I love Chance's Dorina Basarab series. Even better than her Cassie Palmer series. And I always enjoy her book covers. I like the city backgrounds and the models are very pretty. They also both resemble the heroine's in the books. Fury's Kiss is no different. It has a great urban background and dark, spooky colors. The model and clothing are perfect. Though, there was one odd thing that came to mind when I first glimpsed this cover. At first glance it looks like the gun is smoking, and I thought Wow, that gun must be hot against her head. Okay, yeah, it's just a picture, but if a gun was really discharged, you would not want to place it on your skin. But I think the smoke is actually smog like stuff. Let's hope, because I like when things make sense, even in fiction.


So, what does everyone think? You loving this cover? Do you read this series? Is that gun smoke or just fog (it's driving me crazy)?


6 comments:

  1. That cover is BADDASS! Love it!! Hehe, trust you to notice smoking gun XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, shush your face!! :P The smoking gun is a legit problem. hehe

      Delete
  2. Kick butt cover! I believe it is a smoking gun and there is a very dead demon out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh!! See another author and series I sooo want to get to. Amazing covers with this series. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend this series, as well as the Cassie Palmer series. Enthralling reads.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments and read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one. Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.