I am looking for authors, traditionally or self published, to write guest posts on writing or publishing tips to post on my blog. Contact me: readingurbanfantasy(at)yahoo(dot)com

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Follow Friday #26 / TGIF #20

Feature and Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


This Week's Question: What is one thing you wish you could tell your favorite author?
Answer: I would love to tell Ilona Andrews (a married couple who writes together) that they actually changed my life. Because of their wonderful books in the Kate Daniels series, I finally realized my purpose in life. I want to be a writer. I am a writer. And it's mostly because of how obsessed I got with the Kate Daniels series. I read these books and realized that this is what I wanted to do all day. Create worlds and characters that readers become attached to. I think these authors are the best writers out there. I start reading their books and I can't put them down until the end. The characterization is amazing and the grittiness is at a level I don't see very often in urban fantasy books I've read lately. Thank you Ilona Andrews for showing me what I wanted to do with the rest of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TGIF at GReads is a Friday Feature hosted by Ginger at GReadsBooks.com! The point of TGIF is to re-cap on this week’s posts and answer the question of the week!


Weely Recap:

This Week's Question: Literary Vacations - If you could take a trip this summer to any place within a fictional book, where would you go? Tell us about your summer dream vacation!
Answer: Okay, I never said I was sane. Now that we got that out of the way, my literary vacation is somewhere a little scary, violent, but also amazingly beautiful. And I think the good far outweighs the bad. My literary fiction for the summer would be New York City in the world of the Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh. Why, you may ask. Because I am OBSESSED with the idea of meeting angels. But these angels have nothing to do with religion. These angels (and archangels) pretty much rule the world. They are terrifying, violent, and freaking breathtaking. After reading every book in this series so far, I can't deny that the angels of Singh's world fascinate me beyond common sense. I would risk the rougher side of this world just to be able to see angels fly in the city skyline. And if one of them actually flew with me in his arms (*coughs, Blue Bell, coughs*), well, that's just a bonus. A big, heart-stopping, best moment of my life bonus. Plus, I always wanted to visit New York City, so it's a two birds with one stone kind of scenario.


20 comments:

  1. Ehehehe! I think a trip to that world would be TERRIFYING. I LOVE Guild Huntress, but, uh... "I can't deny that the angels of Singh's world fascinate me beyond common sense." YES. And Bluuuuuuebelllle... my poor heart. It breaks for him :(

    I wouldn't mind a vacation in the Night Huntress world, if I got to meet Bones? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm crazy, but I can't help it. I want to fly with the angels. I love how it's described in this series.

      lol, always with the Bones! Dare I ask, if you had to choose between Harry Potter and Night Huntress series, which would you choose?

      Delete
  2. Hopping through. I'm not an angel fan, but I'd love to go to NYC. Good thing b/c I am going there for BEA!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Nalini Singh's Guild Hunters, what a great place to step into for a little while. It wouldn't be a relaxing vacation, but it would be an exciting one.

    New follower



    -Amanda P
    Paranormal Romance
    Books, Shopping & Rock N' Roll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, for sure not relaxing, but exciting.

      Delete
  4. That's so sweet that they write together :)

    New GFC follower. My FF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your answer. I think the same. If they are your favorite authors, that's because the books have moved you to no end. If it comes down to me, I'd firs thank them and then tell them I love them and to keep writing! :)

    New follower!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. {if i'm commenting i'm a follower}

    I would love to be a writer, but I have a problem with being able to write conversations - the punctuation and the flow it doesn't work out for me at all. I think my writing will always be limited to that of poetry and I'm okay with that because its something I am really good at. Good luck with your future writing endeavors.

    {http://www.justonemorechapter.net}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read the series, but NYC is a fantastic place to vacation - and go a little north to escape the hustle & bustle of the city, and there are even more fun places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pICKED Nalini Singh's Psy Changeling world! LOL I think she creates some wonderful worlds. The only reason why I didn't pick her Guild Hunter NY is because I wasn't too sure about the rest of that world yet. I need to see more! :'D

    Patricia // My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOh Nalini's Guild Hunter world would be cool!! Although I would want a hunky angel or vamp as my boyfriend to enjoy it with!! ;)

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that a book inspired you to want to write. And your second answer made me laugh. :) Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that so many people are talking about authors that inspired them to read, write, blog -- somehow change their lives. It's amazing, and I'm sure any author would be proud to hear it.

    Thanks for following and commenting on my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice answer, have a great week-end.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-follow.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great answer. I think any author would love to hear that. And I love that they are husband and wife and write together!
    Old follower just stopping by :-)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! just hopping through... new Linky follower :)

    I love your message. It's fabulous that they helped you realize your dream. Authors are, very inspiring.

    Here's my Follow Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous post. I am a writer too and I know the feeling when you find a book and are like WOW, this is what I want to do- create amazing works of fiction.
    I also loved your TGIF answer, I can tell you put a lot thought into it.
    New linky and GFC follower.
    If you get a chance, check out my TGIF post at YA Nation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that. I do try to put a lot of thought into my answers. :)

      Delete
  17. I'm a new follower via GFC. Those authors really changed your life.
    My FF http://jessysbookends.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-and-follow.html

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all comments and read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one. Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.