I am looking for authors, traditionally or self published, to write guest posts on writing or publishing tips to post on my blog. Contact me: readingurbanfantasy(at)yahoo(dot)com

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Stacking The Shelves #1: I Finally Bought Books!


Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.

This is my first Stacking The Shelves and I am super excited. I have been looking for a new meme to showcase the books I receive each week and this one looks like a nice fit.

I've bought/won/received too many books the past couple weeks to showcase them all today, so I will focus on the physical ones I bought. It has been three months since I have bought a physical book, so you can imagine how psyched I was when they arrived. It's like a wave of euphoria washed over me and all I wanted to do was dance and read, at the same time if possible. (After some awkward attempts, I have concluded reading and dancing should not be mixed)

So without further ado, here is the list, in order, of the books in the picture above:  
Unseen (Outcast Season, Book 3) by Rachel Caine and Unbroken (Outcast Season, Book 4) by Rachel Caine. I have read the first two books of this series and LOVED them. These are the last two books of the series.

Raven Cursed (Jane Yellowrock, Book 4) by Faith Hunter. Just resuming a series I like.

The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld #9) by Gena Showalter. I, and many of the Lords of the Underworld fans, have been waiting for Paris's book. I don't think I can even express how excited I am to read this one.

Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth. Divergent is one of the better books I have read this year. So it was only natural to want to read the next installment.

Obsidian (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I have heard so many great things about this book, and I finally relented and bought it.

Delirium (Delirium #1) by Lauren Oliver. Again, the hype has finally gotten to me and I know I have to read this one to see why everyone is raving.

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, Book 6) by Richelle Mead, Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, Book 5) by Richelle Mead, Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, Book 4) by Richelle Mead, Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, Book 3) by Richelle Mead, Frostbite (Vampire Academy, Book 2) by Richelle Mead, Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, Book 1) by Richelle Mead. One of my bestest blogger friends, Sarah, has finally convinced me to buy this series. When she tells me a certain YA series is full of awesomeness, I listen.

27 comments:

  1. that's a awesome collection of books you've got there :) i've read all from obsidian down and they are SO. GOOD. hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the Darkest Seduction... actually I hope you enjoy them all! :D they all look great! Have a nice weekend.

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started Darkest Seduction and I already love it. :)

      Delete
  3. OOh wow! Awesome! The Vampire Academy series is really really great!! A friend convinced me to read them before the 4th one released and I so fell in love! It was the series that brought my back to reading YA!!

    Loved Rachel's series there too! A great spinoff!

    I also got Insurgent! Now I only need to read Divergent--amongst the many many many others!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am super excited about Vampire Academy.

      The spin-off of Rachel's series didn't get a lot of attention but I love it.

      I think you will love Divergent, it's hard not to.

      I will make sure to check out your post tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. VA is definitely awesome! glad you picked it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow you are going to love Vampire Academy! It was fantastic! Enjoy :)

    The Muggle
    -My Stacking The Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've gotten some great series here. Vampire Academy is AMAZING and so is Pandemon and Insurgent! You're going to be addicted to them all. Enjoy!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves: STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it seems like everyone loved VA. So excited.

      Delete
  7. Nice haul - those 4 on top of the pile certainly have me curious . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a great collection of books, I own Obsidian, and need to read it still. I am soo behind on reading books from my list, I may just stop taking review request for awhile, and get back to reading books that I've been dying to read...

    MY STACK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have that problem too. I take on too many book request. I just tell them it will take up to two months to get to their books so that way I can read them at my leisure and mix in the books I really want to read.

      Delete
  9. LOVED VA series - and Insurgent - heard so many good reviews, but I haven't gotten it yet. I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Insurgent and Delirium were just EPIC! I hope you enjoy them! I still have to read the first Vampire Academy book, but I hope you like those, too! Great haul!

    Check out my Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very interested to see what Delirium is like.

      Delete
  11. It's been 3 MONTHS since you bought books!? OMG, what's your secret? LOL I really do need to read a Gena Showalter novel one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. My secret is winning a lot of the books I want to read and buying a lot at one time so they last for a couple months anyways. :)

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, the whole VA series. So cool! I have read the books but don't own any of them. I'd like to.
    My Bookish Recap

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Vampire Academy books! I hope you enjoy them!

    Letterbox Love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so many awesome books!! i have yet to read the vampire academy series but my sister loves 'em and have been urging me to pick it up. excellent books this week! enjoy :)

    my new books post.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOODNESS JEN! THE BOOKS! THE BOOKS! LOOK AT THE BOOKS!

    OK, seriously, the only thing that drives me nuts about the VA covers is that on the spines, those close-ups of Rose's eyes don't line up :P

    ANYWAY!

    YOUR BOOKS!

    YOU GOT VA!
    AND INSURGENT!!
    AND I JUST BOUGHT OBSIDIAN, TOOOOOO!

    I'm seriously as excited over YOUR books as I am my own! Happy reading! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehhehhe. I knew you would be excited. I never noticed that about the VA covers. Weird!

      Yaay, we get to experience Obsidian together.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments and read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one. Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.