I am looking for authors, traditionally or self published, to write guest posts on writing or publishing tips to post on my blog. Contact me: readingurbanfantasy(at)yahoo(dot)com

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

One Question Q&A: Gennifer Albin, Author of Crewel (Blog Tour)


Welcome to the One Question Q&A Blog Tour for Crewel by Gennifer Albin. We are here to celebrate the release of this new YA Dystopian which happens to be coming out today, October 16, 2012. Congrats, Gennifer, on an amazing book that has already received outstanding reviews. I have just started the book myself and I LOVE it so far. So without further ado, here is the question I got to ask Gennifer for being a part of the Crewel Street Team.
Jennifer: What would be the theme song for Crewel?
Gennifer: Make a Move by Icon for Hire


Summary
Incapable. Awkward. Artless.

That’s what the other girls whisper behind her back. But sixteen year-old Adelice Lewys has a secret: she wants to fail.

Gifted with the ability to weave time with matter, she’s exactly what the Guild is looking for, and in the world of Arras, being chosen as a Spinster is everything a girl could want. It means privilege, eternal beauty, and being something other than a secretary. It also means the power to embroider the very fabric of life. But if controlling what people eat, where they live and how many children they have is the price of having it all, Adelice isn’t interested.

Not that her feelings matter, because she slipped and wove a moment at testing, and they’re coming for her—tonight.

Now she has one hour to eat her mom’s overcooked pot roast. One hour to listen to her sister’s academy gossip and laugh at her Dad’s stupid jokes. One hour to pretend everything’s okay. And one hour to escape.

Because once you become a Spinster, there’s no turning back. ~ Add on Goodreads
Author Bio
I like coffee. A lot. Writing gives me time to go get a cup without my kids. I like books as much as I like coffee, but it is easier to read with children hanging on you than drink coffee due to the threat of third degree burns. That's why coffee gets top billing in my intro: its unattainability.

I hold a Masters in English with a specialization in 18th century women's studies. While this is a highly marketable area of expertise, I stay home with my kids, which means my 3 year-old son uses correct grammar and doesn't burn down the house.

I have a ridiculously supportive husband who dreams of being included on a book jacket: "The author lives in Kansas with her husband, two children, and a Tuesday cat."


Link:



8 comments:

  1. I've heard great things about this book! It's on my TBR list! Great question, though. I'll keep it in mind! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am excited to get my hands on this book, it has been all over the blogs the last couple of months...sounds super good. Fun question!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It has been EVERYWHERE. I will tell you how good it is soon.

      Delete
  3. Cool song choice. The book looks interesting, I'll definitely check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously don't know this song at all! Hurray for things to lookup ^__^

    Seriously, this book. WANT. LOOKS AMAZING. And I seriously love the US cover ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I didn't know it either until now. I am liking it. And the US cover is freakin awesome.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments and read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one. Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.