I am looking for authors, traditionally or self published, to write guest posts on writing or publishing tips to post on my blog. Contact me: readingurbanfantasy(at)yahoo(dot)com

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Most Anticipated Books of 2014

(Don't laugh at the banner, I messed around with photoshop but I haven't taken the class yet :D)

This will probably be my last 'end of the year' type post. There are some amazing books coming out in 2014. Some because they are the ending or continuation of a series, or because the author is amazeballs, or simply because the blurb got me all excited (in a non-sexual way, perverts!). This list is in no particular order, I just put them down as they came to me. I did this from memory so I might have missed one or two books. 2014 is going to be an amazing reading year.

Click the links to book blurbs on goodreads.
No surprise here. Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels #7) by Ilona Andrews is my most anticipated book for 2014. Yeah, I couldn't even wait to mention it last in my post, I am that excited. Ilona can do no wrong when it comes to fiction. She is perfect.
I feel likes it's been forever since I last read some Mafi. Ignite Me (Shatter Me #3) by Tahereh Mafi is the last book of the trilogy and I can't contain my excitement. Team Warner!
The Night Huntress series is the reason I love urban fantasy so much. Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost has taken forever to come out. I haven't scratched my Cat and Bones itch for over a year and I am in need of my fix.
The Hollows is one of my original series that started years ago. The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison can not come out fast enough. I am loving Trent more and more and it is making the series that much more fun.
No surprise, I love assassin books. So yeah, I am pretty obsessed with Jennifer Estep's Elemental Assassin series. I am very excited for Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin #11) to come out. I am going to be so sad when this series ends.
I will admit, The Chicagoland Vampires series has just been okay recently. But Wild Things (Chicagoland Vampires #9) by Chloe Neill involves fighting for The Pack, and that group has my favorite characters in it. I hope to love Wild Things as much as I love the beginning books.
I really loved Pivot Point. Split Second by Kasie West is the second book in the Pivot Point series and I am all atwitter to see what is going to happen next. Those of you who read the first book and that ending know why I am obsessed with getting my hands on this next book.
Assassins, murder, and blood. Yeah, I am all over this one. So up my alley. Read the blurb because I think you will be pulled into the possible amazingness of The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings.
I usually don't like fairytale type books but I couldn't resist Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge, based on Beauty and the Beast. And that cover! I already know this is going to be my favorite cover of 2014, mark my words.
The cover is amazing and the blurb made me squeal in joy. Uninvited by Sophie Jordan has to be good, it just has to.
 
Most Anticipated Books with No Covers:
I am so excited for Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4) by Katie McGarry. I simply love this series. The stories are so heartfelt and the characters are fascinating.
I just finished reading Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout, so you can imagine how excited I am for Opposition (Lux #5) to come out. It took me some time to warm up to this series but now it's one of my favs.
OMG, I am so effing excited that there is going to be a sequel to The Host by Stephenie Meyer. The Seeker (The Host #2) will be freaking epic. Now, Stephenie has promised this book since 2012 and many fans are giving up on it coming out but I have a good feeling for a 2014 release.

What are your most anticipated books of 2014?

photo credit: Kerri Lee Smith via photopin cc (The banner/photo was altered by me)

18 comments:

  1. SPLIT SECOND!!! Yeeks I'm dyyying to read that. I want to go cry in a corner because I didn't like Cruel Beauty.. but I do adore the cover! Seriously, props to that designer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would be dying for Split Second like I am. I am nervous about Cruel Beauty but I am trying to remain optimistic.

      Delete
  2. You have so many good ones on your list. I can't wait to read Split Second, and Cruel Beauty! The Host #2!!!! Yay... Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, happy you agree that these look good. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Oh heck yes to Undead Pool, Murder Complex & Uninvited. I have arcs and will be reading them this month. I cannot wait for more Cat & Bones..excellent list my friend :) Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHH, so jealous you have Undead Pool!!! I got Uninvited and Murder Complex too so I am happy about that. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a fantastic list and I have seen some of the series around that interest me. I would love to read Host #2, so I hope she is working hard to get it out to us. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really really hope it comes out this year.

      Delete
  5. Great Picks! I just finished Uninvited ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm going to have to finally read Shatter Me in 2014, too many people have said how amazing this series is... Speaking of amazing: a sequel to the Host? Yes please! I was never that impressed with Twilight but I adored the Host (it made me cry, a lot! And then delivered a mostly happy ending...). So I'd love a sequel, also I though the casting of the movie adaption was perfect, so if the sequel is out in time maybe they could use the same cast? If it's not a companion novel rather than a sequel... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read Shatter me!!!!

      I agree, Twilight was meh but the Host was amazing. I loved the movie too, but I still love the book more. Great casting as well.

      Delete
  7. Your list is awesome. I can't wait for Ilona Andrews. I got her books for Christmas since she's in the favorites re-read category. Yes to Katie McGarry! Did you see Red at Night by McGarry coming out 4/1/14? So it's a novella? Also I tried not to get my hopes up that there would even be a sequel to The Host. I loved that book. Yay! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen Red at Night. I must look into it.

      OMG, you will have to let me know how much you loved Ilona's books, because you will!!!!

      Delete
  8. Great list, Jennifer! I am anxious for Magic Breaks, Up from the Grave (although I hate to see the series end :( ), The Undead Pool, and Uninvited, too! I really, really need to start Mafi's series...in a bad way! ;) And I'm very curious about Cruel Beauty. Gah! Too many books, not enough time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, always too many books. Mafi's series will floor you. And yes, I can't even stand that Jeaniene's series is ending soon.

      Delete
  9. Such an amazing list! What great covers here too. Magic Breaks looks fantastic, but I haven't caught up on the series yet so I'm dying just to read the next one on my list in that one. You are so right about needing that Cat and Bones itch scratched...it feels like FOREVER. Undead Pool is one that I'm dying for!! All of these, I can't wait to talk about with you. That cover for Cruel Beauty is spectacular. You have my interest peaked in that one. And Uninvited, yes! I really hope it doesn't disappoint :D Such a fantastic list. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so scared with Cruel Beauty because I few people I know didn't really like it. :( But I am optimistic. And the rest, I am squealing on the inside every day for them to come out.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments and read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one. Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.