I am looking for authors, traditionally or self published, to write guest posts on writing or publishing tips to post on my blog. Contact me: readingurbanfantasy(at)yahoo(dot)com

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #2: Dreams of Gods & Monsters

“Waiting On” Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.
This is my first Waiting On Wednesday in a long time. I am so swamped with a new job, school, and my old jobs that I can't read as many books as I did before. I am going to try for 3 a week, which seems pretty good to me for now. So now I finally have room on my blog to participate in this meme, which I love.

So here is the book I am very excited about that's coming out soon:

Title: Dreams of Gods & Monsters
Series: Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3
Author: Laini Taylor
Publication: April 8th 2014 by Little, Brown & Company
Find It: Goodreads | Amazon Print | Amazon Kindle | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository
Summary
By way of a staggering deception, Karou has taken control of the chimaera rebellion and is intent on steering its course away from dead-end vengeance. The future rests on her, if there can even be a future for the chimaera in war-ravaged Eretz.

Common enemy, common cause.

When Jael's brutal seraph army trespasses into the human world, the unthinkable becomes essential, and Karou and Akiva must ally their enemy armies against the threat. It is a twisted version of their long-ago dream, and they begin to hope that it might forge a way forward for their people.

And, perhaps, for themselves. Toward a new way of living, and maybe even love.

But there are bigger threats than Jael in the offing. A vicious queen is hunting Akiva, and, in the skies of Eretz ... something is happening. Massive stains are spreading like bruises from horizon to horizon; the great winged stormhunters are gathering as if summoned, ceaselessly circling, and a deep sense of wrong pervades the world.

What power can bruise the sky?

From the streets of Rome to the caves of the Kirin and beyond, humans, chimaera and seraphim will fight, strive, love, and die in an epic theater that transcends good and evil, right and wrong, friend and enemy.

At the very barriers of space and time, what do gods and monsters dream of? And does anything else matter?
I have read the previous two books and loved them. This is such a unique series. And the covers. Woah, amazeballs!

photo (altered into banner) credit: Brandon Christopher Warren via photopin cc

34 comments:

  1. Excellent pick! I can't wait to read this one either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for the third book to be released so I can read it all at once. Great choice.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh good idea. I hate waiting for books in a series to come out.

      Delete
  3. I have both book 1 and 2 and will probably read them as the release date of book 3 gets closer :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a series I haven't started, but I heard it had many fans, plus the covers look good and the summaries sound actually good, too. Too bad you can't read them all....
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the most unique series I have ever read. I just love it so much.

      Delete
  5. The cover the gorgeous! This series has been on my TBR list for ages,I should get around to reading it soon.

    My WoW: http://takeawalkonthewriteside.blogspot.it/2014/01/waiting-on-wednesday-08012014.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, I can't believe how many bloggers have not read this series, lol.

      Delete
  6. I still have yet to check out this series since the first book released. I've been meaning to get the audio book from the library of book one because then I'll be able to get to the series faster. Great pick! I love these covers :)

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you check the series out one day. I love audio books!

      Delete
  7. Nice pick! Been seeing this series around a lot lately! Loving this cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That cover is just amazing. I love all the covers for the series.

      Delete
  8. Nice pick. Everything about it sounds good and I do like the cover. She looks determined. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pick! I love the cover. I still need to read this series and badly. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, read it now!!! I don't know anyone who didn't love it.

      Delete
  10. Oh man, I need to get on this series!! I have been holding off to shake off the hype...but maybe since this is coming out soon...
    Good luck with all your stuff going on! Dang, you are busy girl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOO, you will love this one. I have a good feeling.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  11. I am such a huge fan of the covers for this series and I always buy them just to have them on my shelf. But I have to be honest and say that the novels themselves don't really work for me. But damn they're pretty! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I am sorry to hear that, but you can't like them all so I understand. Happy you love the covers though.

      Delete
  12. I still need to read the first, but I want to. hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still have to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, but from the way everyone talks about the series it should be a massive hit :) Can't wait, though may try and restrain myself slightly longer until this book comes out so i don't have to wait as long in between books :) Great choice!

    Sanna @ Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, might as well wait and read them all at once.

      Delete
  14. *bangs head on desk* I AM SO BEHIND!!!! I love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep - check out that cover! I love all of them in this series. I feel the series has been on my TBR forever but I haven't gotten to it yet. What a great choice :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do soon, It is so different.

      Delete
  16. OMG! I cannot wait for this one! Hopefully my library doesn't take 5 months to get it in this time!

    Here's Mine @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Let's hope not because that is too long to wait.

      Delete
  17. I can't wait either... I wish somehow there was a way for me to get an ARC of this book!

    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I have been lagging on asking for ARCs. I wonder if we could still get one.

      Delete

I appreciate all comments and read every one of them. I also make sure to visit your site as well if you have one. Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.